AV Technician — Light & Sound Solutions
Full Time — Melbourne, VIC.
Are you an experienced/leading Audio Visual Installer or Electrician looking to take the next step? Do you have a can do attitude and take pride in your work? We invite you to read on.
We are a successful well-established organisation operating throughout the suburbs of Melbourne and outer regions. Our office is located in the Northern Suburbs. Due to growth we are looking to expand our team.
We offer a supportive and close-knit work environment who work together to get the job done. We specialise in the Supply and Installation of Audio Systems, Vision Systems, AV and Lighting Control Systems, Stage Drapes and Machinery for Theatres/Town Halls, Sporting, Place of Worship, Government and Education projects small to large.
You will be involved in all onsite installation works with an experienced team of Technicians, Programmers and Project Managers. You will be required to deploy systems as set out by our in-house design team. To achieve this you will need to liaise with clients, builders and other trades on site to complete successful installations. Quality of work, timely deployment, and overall system robustness is paramount to our success. The applicant will be suited to working on the tools with the goal to grow into commissioning/project management role.
- OH&S induction white card, EWP license, full driver’s license.
- 5 Years comprehensive knowledge/experience in Audio Visual System Technologies or an Electrical Trade Qualification
- Comprehensive experience in deploying complete systems to client acceptance within Scope and Budget
- Ability to understand project equipment schedules (BOM) and read schematic, plan and elevation drawings
- Ability to report and document the your as built project for the drafting engineer
- Proven ability to adapt to a variety of types of Audio, Vision, Lighting and Control System Deployments
- PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITHIN A MULTITUDE OF SCENARIOS:
- Client occupied sites
- New Builds
- Construction Projects
TECHNOLOGIES YOU WILL BE INSTALLING:
- Distributed Audio
- Distributed Video
- LED Walls, Video Wall and Display Panels
- Speaker Systems
- AV and Lighting Control Systems
- Stage Lighting Systems
- Equipment Rack Build
- System Cabling
FAVOURABLE SKILLS BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Experience in using Office 365, D-Tools, Visio or CAD
- Crestron, AMX, Extron installation and testing
- Audio Architect (BSS), Biamp and QSC Q-Sys installation and testing
- Audio Visual system design principals
- 5 Years experience in the AV industry or Electrical Trades Industry
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you would like to be part of this successful and growing business, apply now with your resume and cover letter telling us what you can bring to this role.
Light & Sound Solutions: lightandsound.com.au