Service & Support Engineer — Australia
Full / Part Time — Sydney, NSW.
Riedel Communications, founded in 1987, designs, manufactures and distributes innovative real-time networks for video, audio and communications. Its products are used for broadcast, pro-audio, event, sports, theatre and security applications worldwide. The company is known for pioneering digital audio matrix systems and fibre-based real-time network technology.
Riedel is headquartered in Wuppertal, Germany and employs over 700 people in 20 locations throughout Europe, Australia, Asia and the Americas. For our team at Riedel Australia, we are looking for creative, flexible, pragmatic, and skilled individuals with superb communications skills and a love of problem solving in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide support to external and internal customers and contribute to the customer hotline as a first and second level support
- Support customers with remote online sessions when needed
- Reproduce issues in the lab
- Visit customers “on-site” to perform debug and resolve problems when needed
- Execute commissioning of baseband and IP based audio and video systems
- Hand over systems to customers including training
- Participate in the 24/7 hotline
- Work closely with your Support, System Consulting & Sales colleagues in the region, at the headquarters and in cross functional teams with Product Management and R&D
- Regular trips to customers’ site
- Successfully completed university studies or completed equivalent trainee program in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or Communications Engineering – CCNA or ACE is a plus
- 2+ years of proven experience in a relevant market field, ideally in the broadcast and entertainment Audio/Video market
- Knowledge of communication, digital audio and IP video technology (AES3, AES67, SDI, ST 2110, ST 2022-6) as well as IP standards (TCP, UDP, IGMP, VLAN, PTP V-2, Multicast media traffic)
- Knowledge of fiber optic interconnected systems is a plus
- Passion about communication to customers and troubleshooting of electronic systems
- Self-organised and capable to self-educate on new technologies
- Team player that fits the personality and basic setting of an international, medium-sized company
- Ability to cross-domain thinking and willingness to collaborate closely with other company functions using excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent English as a must-have with other languages as a plus
- Mobility and willingness to travel (mainly in Australia)
To achieve our goals, we are always looking for highly motivated and qualified colleagues to join our Family and grow with us. Riedel provides an innovative, collaborative, and diverse work environment, with great challenges. We believe and promote employee career advancement and offer flexible schedule as well as sustainable learning.
If all this speaks to you, come and let us create together as a Team the next chapters of our success stories!
Riedel Communications: riedel.net