AV Technology Design Engineer/Estimator
Corporate Initiatives are looking for an experienced engineer to join them full-time in Melbourne for pre-sale engineering
Read on for the seek listing from CI Group…
Corporate Initiatives is a national Australian-owned company that work in the high-end corporate, banking, finance, hospitality, health, mining, and tertiary markets installing Work Place (AV and VC), Wellness, LED, and IoT technology into some of Australia’s biggest companies.
A new position is being created in our expanding Melbourne office, to support Victoria and other state offices (ACT, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide & Perth) when required. This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer with high attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively and be a team player.
About the role
As an Engineer/Estimator, you will play a strategic role in laying the groundwork by providing technical and commercial sales support to the National Sales Team throughout the entire sales process as well as post-sales assistance to project teams.
- Assist the sales team to qualify and validate proposals from a technical perspective with the customer
- Prepare tender submissions, including bill of materials, system design, technical documentation accurately whilst meeting project and tender deadlines. This includes assisting in cable “take-offs” and measurements for major proposals, preparing Design Schematics for internal use and external quotation purposes, and attending site inspections and customer meetings as required.
- Maintain strong relationships and work closely with partners and consultants to address any concerns over technical tender schedules.
- Prepare other documentation as required.
- Work closely and provide support to internal teams, including project managers, sales support, and account managers, to ensure projects are delivered according to the customer’s requirements.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in audiovisual presale engineering/estimating, or in a similar role, supporting a national sales team in pre-qualifying design work and preparing work schedules accurately and timely
- Having completed a bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, or similar is preferable
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in working through the sales cycle, including conducting site inspections, tender reviews, panel interviews, and developing tender submissions
- Sound understanding of current audio-visual technology and market trends
- Demonstrated track record of successfully tendering AV systems to a budget
- Have a sound commercial mindset
- Strong background in Network Infrastructure will be an advantage
- Sound understanding of the sales cycle
- Demonstrated ability to turn objections into benefits
- Ability to build rapport and a team player
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD, Word & a strong understanding of Excel is essential
- Experience in using D-tools is preferable
- Current valid Driver’s Licence
- You must have the legal right to work in Australia
What’s on Offer
- Training and Development
- Experimentation and Innovation
- Work-Life Balance – Enjoy 2 weeks of “family Friendly” leave on top of annual leave
- Genuine opportunities for career progression into senior roles within Sales or Design Engineering
- Access to the latest audio-visual and other communication technologies
- Opportunities to make an impact on designing and delivering innovative, pioneering technology projects