B&H Australia – AV Presales Engineer & Estimator
Full Time - Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs.
B&H Australia is a privately owned company with a 34-year history in audio visual integration. Our Victorian operations have been growing steadily and are looking to add an experienced AV Pre-sales Engineer/Estimator with a strong background in integration.
B&H thrive on repeat business and word of mouth. We take a consultative approach to sales and work with clients to build trust and a mutual understanding. We aren’t focused on high margins, or driving the latest thing in technology, we are more about delivering solid, reliable solutions that fit the client’s requirements perfectly.
Required for The Role
- 2 years + in audio visual integration
- You will need to be competent in audio visual system design from site surveys, project documentation and tender documentation
- Production of system schematic diagrams in Visio or CAD desirable
- Interpret site surveys to develop a Bill of Materials, proposals, and quotes
- Occasionally assess tenders and RFQ’s for suitability
- Good understanding of modern network topographies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams / Skype for Business
- Familiar with AV over IP
- Understanding of Dante
- Certifications from Crestron, AMX and Extron control systems would be an advantage
- New for 2022 – designing to lead times. Cross-selling or designing to what’s in stock or available within clients’ deadline.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Ability to give presentations, explain technical solutions, suggest alternatives, and explain compromises and trade-offs
- Excellent relationship-building skills with the ability to engage with people of all levels of technical expertise
- Current Construction Induction White Card
- Ability to obtain a Working with Children Card
- Experience with D-Tools an advantage
What You’ll Get In Return
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a respected organisation that has a loyal clientele and a dedication to continuous learning and development. A comprehensive package is on offer including $80-90k Base Wage + laptop and mobile for the right candidate. Plus you can buy goods from any of our suppliers at our cost price.
The role will initially be office based in Notting Hill with a view moving to a hybrid working arrangement if desired. Some travel may be required within Victoria to visit client sites. You must be eligible to work in Australia and have a current, valid driver’s licence.
Please note as the majority of our clients are institutions with mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirements to enter their premises, you will need to be fully vaccinated for this role.
How To Apply
Please apply through seek by clicking the ‘apply’ button below. In your cover letter and resume please address the criteria outlined above. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.