Customer Service Engineer (Service Technician) — Barco Systems
Full Time — Sydney NSW
Barco is a global technology leader that specialises in Digital Projection and Imaging Technology, focusing on three core markets: Entertainment, Enterprise, and Healthcare. Globally it employs approx. 3600 employees located across 90 countries. Barco is headquartered in Kortrijk, Belgium, and has its own facilities for Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, R&D and Manufacturing in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
The Customer Service Engineers focus is to act as a liaison between Barco and its partners (Rental/Staging, System Integration Channel, and Distribution channel where required) and is responsible for addressing customer technical needs and ensuring they have a highly positive experience in dealing with Barco. The Barco Entertainment, Enterprise & Medical solution portfolios are the primary focus covering end to end solutions and services.
The Customer Service Engineer will be responsible to provide our partners, end users, with technical repairs, service and spare parts related quotations, and technical product information updates. Overall, the Customer Service Engineer will serve as one of the main contact points in the service division of the business. Our focus is 100% on customer satisfaction and we are continually striving for excellence.
- Technical product repairs, fault finding & Service (On & Off-Site)
- Achieve assigned service KPI’s and targets
- Assist admin with service-related spare parts stock ordering & forecasting
- Respond & Follow up on Service Tickets
- Maintain Service CRM details (Salesforce)
- Service Ticket reporting to management highlighting any tickets that require escalation
- Assist Pre-sales/sales to ensure total service solution offering
- Support/coach technical team of our SI Partners, in delivering technical solutions
- Assist Barco sales team with technical demonstrations (in-house, on-site and at trade shows)
- Assist in offering and executing Barco Care service offerings
- The ability to travel and work outside of standard office hours are required from time to time.
- Responsible for upholding Barco’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Close collaboration with regional and global support teams on service-related issues.
- 3+ years minimum experience in a Service Technician role; or within a hands-on workshop environment.
- Technical background with industry experience preferable
- Strong Customer Service focus
- Excellent Communication skills – both written & verbal
- Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Customer Service Engineer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?