Head of New Business
POMT - Full Time - Sydney, NSW.
This role is that of a trusted adviser — someone who can take a customer on the journey from current to future state, whilst instilling a mutual trust and respect. We’re not looking for that typical ‘Sales-y BDM’.
Reporting to the Head of Solutions, you will collaborate with Consulting, Design, and Support Services teams to ensure a complete end-to-end service is provided from Strategy through to the day two management of the client environment. You will be a pivotal part of our Solutions Team, working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, to develop and execute POMT’s Sales and Go-To-Market strategy across existing and new verticals.
You will grow and foster new customer relationships across NSW whilst working with other BDM resources to develop a coherent, strategic approach to the acquisition of new customers and the development of new services & solutions.
As a senior leader you will provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the team and to the wider business. The role will develop into ‘key account’ director where relationships you develop are maintained at the highest levels, whilst a BAU account management and support team interact with you client on a day to day basis.
You’ll build strong relationships between our Account Management, Business Development and Sales Support functions to develop and own the next phase of growth at POMT.
What You’ll Do
- Own and drive top line revenue growth and be responsible for new Business Development via a focus on direct client engagement and D&C projects
- Identifying new business, conducting competitor and market analysis, generating and converting sales leads.
- Raise awareness of POMT in our target audience, to surprise and delight customers, drive adoption, turn customers and end users into advocates
- Lead State based BDM resources to present a coherent, national approach to new business
- Target and acquire customers based on their fit to the POMT solutions stack and our ability to engage early via a consultancy/consultative sale
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to the team
What You’ll Have
- 10+ years experience in a similar commercial customer-facing experience, demonstrating your ability to solve problems and contribute to customer success, with strong focus on Workplace Technology
- A proven history of executing sales strategy and demonstrated ability to grow business, identify and generate new market opportunities and increase customer base
- Ability to be kind, charismatic and a great communicator who is eager to support others including those you manage, your technical colleagues and the end users
- Ability to think on your feet and apply your breadth of knowledge to identifying and solving customer problems
- Understanding and appreciation of Audio Visual and Workplace Technology
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders and customers
- Direct field experience working with vendors, channels and particularly end users with a focus on corporate & enterprise customers
- Existing commercial relationships, both vendor and broader industry is desirable