Head of Production & Operations
NW Group - Full Time - Sydney, NSW.
NW Group is one of Australasia’s largest suppliers of full-service live production. We’re looking for great people to join our exceptional team of staff; people with a passion for events and teamwork to help us deliver exceptional technical production to our diverse range of clients. As our business continues to grow and change, we need great people to come along with us on that journey.
We currently have a great opportunity for a talented Head of Production and Operations to join our Sydney team. This role will suit an individual who enjoys dealing with people and thrives on the challenges of a fast paced and dynamic workplace.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the warehouse, logistics and crewing teams
- Assist in managing the account and project management team and give technical guidance as required
- Pre-production of events, CAD, Schematics etc
- Onsite event delivery, including TD’ing and Show Calling
- Assist in the sales process, proposal writing and tender submissions
- Managing budgets
- Client relationship management
- Assisting General Manager in running the day-to-day business and general admin tasks
- Oversee and manage recruitment of casual and full-time staff
- Carry out performance reviews of operations team and technical crew.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- 5+ years of experience in AV/broadcast equipment rental and/or event execution capacity
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with equipment rental software. Rental point preferred
- Well-organised and able to meet deadlines
- CAD drawing experience – Vectorworks preferred
- Ability to both work in a team and lead a team
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
- Qualification in events (desirable)
- Driver’s license ‘C’ class
If you have excellent leadership and interpersonal communications skills, a high level of motivation, a desire to succeed and enjoy working in a team environment, please submit a CV (pdf format) with your application.