Manager AVS Projects
University of Technology Sydney - Full Time - Sydney, NSW (Hybrid).
UTS is a dynamic and innovative university located in central Sydney. One of Australia’s leading universities of technology, UTS has a distinct model of learning, strong research performance, and an excellent reputation for engagement with industry and the professions. ITU provides the core technologies that allow UTS to operate, teach and perform research. While a large diverse organisation ITU must partner with all areas of the University to ensure that we are addressing their needs in a cost effective, sustainable and secure manner.
About The Team
The Audio Visual Services Team support all AV technology including equipment and software throughout the University, and service all AV requirements for both internal and external clients. There is an incredibly diverse range of AV technology in the University, and an ever-growing number of spaces featuring solutions which require regular technology refresh, ongoing support, training, maintenance and documentation.
The Manager AVS Projects manages a team of five industry professionals and is responsible for the successful implementation of a program of audio-visual projects within scope, time, budgetary and resourcing constraints.
About The Role
The position is key to building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and within the broader AVS team, and has a key role in ensuring AV project delivery meets UTS Strategic Plan objectives. You will provide strategic leadership, a strong focus on continuous improvement of our processes and capability and lead our AVS Projects team.
The Manager AVS Projects works closely with the Manager AVS Solutions Planning and Design and Manager AVS Support Services to provide initial concept designs and cost estimates for practical, innovative and intuitive concept design solutions within guidelines and budget constraints to satisfy multiple client expectations.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Proven experience as a leader to build and lead a high-performing team spanning across multiple projects
- Strong experience with managing change and implementing continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of AV technologies, best practices and documenting processes
- Superior knowledge of program / project management methodologies, tools and governance, and ability to prioritise and schedule multiple complex projects/work tasks and manage progress
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to navigate a complex and diverse environment to deliver projects
- Experience working effectively with builders, AV consultants, various 3rd-party contractors and stakeholders from project start to implementation
Remuneration & Benefits:
This is a full-time continuing role. We are offering a competitive salary package with flexible work arrangements.
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
Closing Date: Friday 8th September 2023at 11.59pm (AEST)