Product Development / Tech Support — Blustream
Full Time — Melbourne, VIC.
Blustream are a leading and innovative signal management and video transport manufacturer. We require a multi-tasking, self-motivated individual to join our growing team of technology experts. From the Blustream Mount Waverley headquarters in Melbourne, you will assist our team with creation, development, validation of new products, in-bound sales, pre-sales, and after sales technical support.
This varied role will see you own responsibilities that include (but are not limited to) in-bound customer product recommendations and technical support, testing and evaluating Blustream hardware, and the provision of any ad-hoc support needs for the technology team (examples will be provided).
An understanding of electronics, componentry, audio-visual equipment, and TCP/IP layer 2/3 networking is advantageous and will see you quickly elevate yourself to being an important part of the team moving forward. This position could suit a recent computer science or electronics/electrical engineering graduate, or a holder of an equivalent undergraduate degree.
Designing, Testing & Validating New HDBaseT, HDMI, VoIP, & Audio Integration Products
- Updating/modifying products software using programming tools such as DediProg Production, MPLAB X IPE, ST Visual Programmer, BlueRiver, Semtech, etc
- PCB soldering & modifying
- Comprehensive testing and documentation of products in development and product updates
- Quality control
Management Of Network Hardware
- Layer 2 and 3 network configurations such as Jumbo frames/packets, IGMP management/snooping, Multicast etc for various network switches such as Netgear, Packedge, Cisco, Luxul, DLink, Tp-link, Ubiquiti, Araknis, etc.
- Network troubleshooting
In-Bound Sales, Pre-Sales & After Sales Technical Support
- Technical support to integrators, dealers, consultants and distributors of Blustream products
- Testing of, and reporting on, faulty hardware
- Help for the sales channel with tender designs and specifications
Most importantly we require the right candidate to work with a pro-active and ‘can-do’ attitude, an open mind to learning and listening, and someone who is committed to the ownership of the position. If this description is appealing to you, we can offer a great, dynamic start within the commercial technology industry.
If the above job description is something you would like to pursue, and you are serious about a career in the Australian technology sector then we welcome you to apply.