IT Audio Visual Officer
Sydney Catholic Schools - Full Time - Sydney, NSW.
Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with 147 Catholic primary and secondary schools, almost 73,000 students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About The Role
At SCS we are looking for an Audio Visual Officer for our IT and Systems Integration Directorate. You will be responsible for scoping and delivering audio visual solutions for schools and the central office. The Audio Visual Officer will be gathering requirements, providing advice, and working with third party integrators to deliver standards based solutions for classrooms, multi-purpose halls, public address systems and digital signage.
This role will also play a critical role in facilitating training for educators and administrative staff in the effective use of audiovisual technology.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor: ITS Services, you will be involved in working on new projects and initiatives at SCS.
As an Audio Visual Officer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Gathering and delivering AV Solutions for schools and the central office that support modern digital pedagogy
- Gathering requirements to understand and compile user needs to ensure solutions align with requirements for teachers, staff and students
- Providing advice and consultation on AV technologies helping users make informed decisions about equipment being suited to their needs
- Liaising with Third Parties ensuring they comprehend the needs of the organisation and deliver solutions that adhere to SCS Standards
- Obtaining quotations on hardware, assets and software as required through SCS approved suppliers and validating against the minimum audio visual specification
- Supporting staff on the effective use of AV technologies including second-level troubleshooting of AV incidents raised by school based IT Staff
- Participating in the deployment of various ICT projects, driven by each school’s strategic plan
- Contributing to the assessment of the school network and the production of reports/recommendations
- Meeting Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets in accordance with the role
- Following ITIL practices for complete Incidents and Service Requests, Change Requests and Knowledge Management.
- Post secondary and/or relevant industry certification, e.g. Avixa CTS
- Demonstrated audio visual technology and project experience within the education sector
- Demonstrated proficiency across all aspects of OSI Layers
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- High-level relationship building skills targeted at ensuring teamwork and customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously or with minimum supervision and effectively within a team
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems, Network Administration
- Willingness to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements/ hybrid workplace
- The ability to build your career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- A supportive team committed to a great work-life balance
- Student fee discount – up to 25% discount for parents of SCS students
- Special family leave day
- Salary packaging benefits of up to $15,900 each year
- Employee referral program – get up to $750
Closing Date: Monday, 25 September 2023