Sales Representative – Business Development — Westan
Full Time — Auckland, NZ
Westan distributes products on the cutting edge of audio-visual technology including digital signage, digital menu boards, LED walls, videowalls, large format and high brightness projection, commercial televisions for hotel, hospital and aged care along with audio-visual products for consumers from high desirable brands including Epson, Samsung, Philips, Sonos, Polk Audio, Denon, and Marantz.
Westan has a specialised sales team across Australia and New Zealand. Our head office in Melbourne is complemented by warehouses in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, and Auckland, giving us one of the best geographical reaches in our industry. As well as holding local stock, each warehouse features training and demonstration facilities to educate and assist our customers.
Established in 1989, Westan started as an information technology distribution company specialising in computer peripherals. The Company grew quickly and by 2005 became one of the largest IT distributors in Australia, with offices in all states. In 2008 Westan restructured out of IT and focused on the Audio Visual (AV) market. In the last decade Westan has pivoted its portfolio and supply to all facets of the AV Industry, not just in Australia but also New Zealand and Asia-Pacific.
About The Role
Denon, Marantz, Polk Audio and Sonos are some of the world class Audio brands that Westan distribute in New Zealand and we are looking to bolster our team in the form of a Business Development Manager or Sales Rep.
You would be reporting to an experienced Product Manager and will be equipped with the tools developed by the company to be “on the road” meeting with our established customer base, generating leads, and building relationships.
- Working with sales teams across Australia and New Zealand
- Managing and growing national targets
- Managing a set of existing accounts including sales order processing, communication and visitation liaison
- Source and develop new customer relationships
- Market development with fingers on the pulse
- Liaising with various divisions within our business (accounts, warehouse, sales, admin) to ensure smooth flow of information and processes
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic experience with Microsoft 360 package
- Work well under pressure with ability to multitask and attention to detail
- An enthusiastic approach to customer service with a positive attitude
- Experience in a similar industry or IT industry would be advantageous
Essential attributes include:
- Strong work ethic
- Self motivated
- Detail orientated
This position would ideally be Auckland based, however flexibility can be considered for the right candidate. Westan rewards results — working hard and a willingness to learn will present itself with future career opportunities.
You must possess excellent written and verbal skills, a key interest/experience in audio, and past retail experience or a previous rep role would put you in good stead for this position.
The successful applicant will be confident, self-motivated, work well in a team environment, have strong relationship building skills, have exceptional attention to detail and have an easy outgoing attitude. This role will require some travel therefore you must possess a full and clear licence record.
Empathy, Open Communication, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Collaboration are some of the key culture codecs of our organisation. This role is ideally suited to someone who is looking for a challenging, supportive team environment. If you feel you would be a good fit, then we want to hear from you. Apply with your resume today.