Arup – Senior Acoustic Consultant
Full Time - Sydney, New South Wales.
About the job
Do you want to make a positive impact on the world? Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 75 years ago and now employs 16,000 people globally. Arup is rising to modern day challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Arup’s specialist acoustics, noise, and vibration team solves complex problems in the built and urban environment, from concert halls to high-speed railways. Our international acoustic design team provides services in architectural, building, transport and environmental acoustics. We help clients achieve their aspirations in acoustics by guiding projects from conception and planning through design, construction, testing and commissioning.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments.
About This Role
As an Acoustics Consultant you will bring knowledge and technical experience in acoustic design, documentation and design management. Experience and skills in system engineering (e.g. structural or building physics) would be complimentary but not essential for this role. You will be a key member of our social and diversely skilled team, contributing to the acoustic design on a range of high profile projects in NSW and Australasia. You will have excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills, with a proven history working collaboratively within a team.
Our ideal candidate will be innately curious, keen to learn and develop their skill set, and will hold a recognised relevant tertiary qualification in Acoustics, Physics, Engineering, or Architecture. Ideally, you will bring a minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant industry experience in Acoustic consulting and have a driver’s license.
What will I do?
- Deliver and manage small and medium sized acoustics projects – both building acoustics and environmental acoustics
- Oversee and contribute to the planning and execution of acoustics components of large-scale multi-discipline projects
- Foster relationships with existing clients and seek to develop connections with new clients
- Resolve complex acoustic issues and ensure the technical analysis are aligned project needs
- Understand the multidisciplinary nature of acoustic consulting work, and can coordinate design solutions with team members of other disciplines
What will I bring?
- Degree in acoustics or architectural engineering, physics, engineering, computer science, with strong demonstrated experience in acoustics
- For senior consultant positions — 5-7+ years of relevant industry experience in providing specialist technical acoustics design advice within a consulting business environment
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of acoustics, and relevant legislation, codes, standards, and guidelines
- Knowledge, experience, and practical application of a broad range of empirical, analytical and simulation tools for acoustics
- Creative, innovative and able to deliver pragmatic solutions within constraints of project budget
Are you ready to shape a better world?
Our open roles are waiting for you on the Arup careers page. If you like what you see here, apply today.
Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.